The Chartered Institute of Administration is a professional and examining body established in 1987 and Chartered by Federal Government Act No.103 of 1992 – Now an Act of the National Assembly, Cap C7 Laws of The Federation of Nigeria, 2004. The Act empowers the institute to, among other things; regulate the Training, and practice of, Administration in Nigeria within a professional membership framework.
We recognize that our continued success as a Professional body depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. As a result of this, we are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Data Entry Officer
Location: Kuje Amuwo, Lagos
- Chartered Institute of Administration is seeking passionate people to fill the role of Data Entry Officer.
- We require self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is proficient in Windows environment and how to use Internet browsers effectively.
- We need a meticulous person who can get records smartly and enter the data generated in the local database.
- The primary duty for this role is collating data from various sources (mainly Print), formatting the data and storing them in the local database through an Internet browser.
- To excel in this position, the role should be able to input data at a quick and steady pace paying close attention to details. Note, this opening is not a secretarial position, though secretarial experience is an added advantage.
- The secondary duty for this role is the ability to quickly scan and update documents from files, store them in the computer following the laid down storing procedure, and also assist in general sorting/filing of documents.
- Responsible for entering data into computer for processing
- Prepare documents
- Enter information into specific files or forms
- Check completed work for errors or duplicate information
- Requesting further information for documents that are deemed incomplete
- Verify, correct and/or delete data entry errors and report them
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Undergraduate, DBS, ACIA, OND, NCE or SSCE with excellent computer working experience.
- Ability to enter data accurately at a given speed
- Strong typing, analytical and computer skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Maintains a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrates willingness to accept additional responsibility
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly productive and collaborative environment with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills
- Must exhibit accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability
- Ability to adapt to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, and handles pressure.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their hardcopy CV and Cover Letter to:
The Head Office,
No 78 Old Ojo Road,